From Saturday 7th November from 6 am until 30th November.
Greece is under a nationwide lockdown. Movement is only permitted for essential reasons. Supermarkets, pharmacies, and elementary schools are open. Some public offices will be open, and some specific workers may continue to work. Foreign residents may return to their countries of residence but modes of transport both domestic and international will be much reduced.
1. All passengers arriving on international flights will have to display a negative PCR test conducted not more than 72 hours prior to entry. 2. All arriving passengers on international flights are required to fill in the on line PLF minimum 24 hours prior to the flight date. The resulting QR code will have to be displayed upon arrival.
3. Citizens/permanent residents of Greece departing on international flights, will also be required to fill in the on line PLF minimum 24 hours prior to the flight date. The resulting QR code will have to be displayed upon departure.
4. PLF is filled in on line (HTTPS://TRAVEL.GOV.GR/)
5. Only essential well documented domestic travel will be permitted (serious health issues, essential business etc). Tech stops, ferry flights, flights with transit pax are exempt.
Non-Eu citizens are prohibited to enter Greece. Exceptions (amongst others):
1) Citizens/permanent residents from Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, S.Korea, Thailand, Uruguay, UAE, Singapore.
2) EU and Schengen member state nationals
3) 3rd country nationals holding EU – Schengen member state residence permits
4) Type D EU Schengen VISA
5) Off duty air crew positioning on commercial. Valid crew ID required 6) Transit pax
All flights originating from the Spanish territory of Catalonia, are suspended.
All flights originating from the territory of Turkey, are suspended. Exceptions (amongst other): Technical stops (with transit pax) and Ferry flights
Pax who are permanent residents and arriving from Russia require negative PCR test not older than 72 hours.
A max of 500 pax per week are permitted. Entry to Greece will only be permitted via LGAV, LGTS, LGIR
Pax who are permanent residents and arriving from Israel require negative PCR test not older than 72 hours.
A max of 10000 pax per week are permitted.
IATA – The official IATA site with the latest information on who is allowed into Greece, and which direct flights are still banned from flying to Greece https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm
EASA – Compulsory testing and quarantine will be limited to travelers, irrespective of nationality, arriving from airports of affected areas with high risk of transmission of the Covid-19 infection, as assessed by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The list is constantly updated and travelers should check before traveling (https://www.easa.europa.eu/SD-2020-01/Airports#group-easa-downloads).
We are carefully monitoring developments so for up to date information on COVID 19 related news, keep checking this page!