I am reproducing a very useful article here about why renting a villa is often preferable to a hotel, as it answers a lot of questions that we get from many people who have not previously thought of renting a villa:
Posted in Vacation Rentals | April 27th, 2009
A Villa offers so many advantages over a hotel, and below are the top 10 reasons why.
1. Price – For a large family or group of friends, a private Villa will work out significantly cheaper that a resort, especially when you consider all the extra services that villas often provide.
2. Service – Many Villas come with private live-in staff and often a daily Villa Manager that speaks fluent English and can help you with renting cars, boat charters, and often have been with the house a long time.
3. The Food – One of the highlights of staying in a private Villa is the food. Even if the food isn’t all inclusive, chances are the Villa will provide a Chef that will cook whatever you want and charge you only the cost of the fresh ingredients. No more 10 dollars for the minibar packet of potato chips.
4. Facilities – These days many villas offer as much, or even more than a 5-star resort – Cable TV, free Wi-Fi, DVD players, IPOD docks and fully equipped kitchens, BBQ’s and more. Many villas have home gymnasiums, media rooms, saunas, Playstations, pool tables, dart boards and you never have to wait for 2 hours for your turn.
5. Privacy – Want to wander your Villa in your bikini or stay in your dressing gown all day? Or listen to your choice of music or watch your DVD’s? Or perhaps use the private gymnasium or Home Theatres
6. Location – Most Villas are located is beautiful locations, such as beachfront, ocean views, or even on private islands. Villas are usually designed to maximize the outlook with common areas overlooking the best view and bedrooms with views and doors opening to the sea.
7. Luxury – While the degree of luxury can vary from villa to villa, from 7 star to 4 star, there is a feeling of a real home with ties to the country, and things put in for personal comfort, rather than the usual Five Star Hotel decor.
8. Serenity – Don’t you hate how the pool in a 5-star resort resembles “kid soup” at about 5pm every day? At a private Villa, some of the best times are the early evening as the sun sets, a gin and tonic by your own pool and some Dean Martin on the BOSE system. Some moments just can’t be captured in a glossy brochure or website. This is one of them.
9. Security – Most Villas offer a good level of security. Leaving your IPod, laptop, sunglasses or wallet around the Villa is usually not a problem. And at night, windows and doors can stay open. There are often permanent staff on-site.
10. Low season – In the low season, Villas can offer unbelievable deals, especially. Sure the weather may show some rain, but it will still be balmy warm. But there are fewer people around, things are cheaper and It’s not uncommon to get a 25% – 50% discount on the listed rates in the low seasons – so don’t take those list prices as fixed.
Villas offer so much more than a resort but many people are nervous about finding and booking a Villa and paying a hefty deposit up front. Luxury Villas live up to their name and it pays to seek out a qualified agent that is responsive, knowledgeable and offers suggestions and options.
A good agent will always listen to your requirements and recommend a perfect Villa for your family or friends. So next vacation, don’t wait to check in to your hotel and to your garden view room – book a Villa and experience a holiday to remember.”