One of my favorite blog slots of the year – the Mykonos round-up-
It is all about the brands this year:
Dubbed “Loubi Beach,” the most spectacular show of the summer is the Christian Louboutin pop-up shop which has opened on Nammos Beach, in collaboration with the high-end boutique, Enny di Monaco. Christian Louboutin shows off in a highly instagrammable installation inspired by the island’s beach-goers, whose legs dangle off beach towels suspended high above, dressed in some of the season’s hottest styles.
As the Louboutin PR agency puts it, pink-faced with excitement,
“Let’s stalk discreetly the crowd lying on the beach. Red, pink and purple towels are hanging from the ceiling and reunite the quintessence of Mykonos party makers archetypes resting during the day. One on the right is doing her nails, the one next door is reading glossy papers, those two – ohh those three sorry-are having some good time. This one prefers topless, pulling off her bra while another one is trying to decide between a glass of margarita or a sex on the beach. All different, but they are all dressed with the key styles of the new collection. That’s Christian Louboutin’s sense of humour.”
So it’s straight down to Nammos beach then for FSG, to spot who is doing her nails, who is reading what, and who is pulling off whose bra – and clearly having themselves some good time…
Lindsay Lohan’s new beach bar, called “Lohans” www.lohanmykonos.com opened on Kalo Livadi beach in May – the star has been photographed there and it looks set to the be the island’s new big thing, though whether it can quite top the excitement of what’s going on over at “Loubi’s” remains to be seen.
- Nammos village www.nammosvillage.com has also opened a second Louis Vuitton store, and a Nammos restaurant will shortly open in Mykonos town.
- Buddha Bar restaurant www.buddhabarbeachmykonos.gr has an exciting new menu. Makis , the maître d there recommends the amazing scallops with truffle sauce.
- Cavo Tagoo hotel www.cavotagoo.com has a great new restaurant called Ovac. It’s run by the eccentric Evripidis, who managed Spondi in Athens for the last 10 years.
- Lalaounis the jeweler, www.iliaslalaounis.eu won a prestigious prize at the Couture jewelry show in Las Vegas, so pop in and ask Edward, the legendary manager of the Mykonos store, to show you the latest.
- BA have increased flights from London and with four weekly flights from Qatar the island is rocking.
That’s enough excitement for one blog – FSG is off to go discreetly crowd-stalking now….